Medical Physicist – Application Support Specialist
Location: Scandinavian countries
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic physicist to join us at the leading edge of radiotherapy!
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity to advance your career and put your expertise in radiotherapy physics to good use. Primarily, we will need you to train and support customers on the safe and efficient use of Varian’s Eclipse, TrueBeam RapidPlan and Velocity systems, along with some aspects of ARIA. You can expect the role to be quite varied from week to week and you will also enjoy a high degree of autonomy in your daily work.
Previous clinical experience with Varian systems would be an advantage, but full (and on-going) training will be provided at our education centres in Switzerland and Las Vegas.
The role will require travel mainly within the Nordic countries, but occasionally more further afield.
Excellent communication and organisational skills, along with a mature approach are all prerequisites. You’ll need to hold an MSc in Medical Physics/Biomedical engineering (or equivalent) and have 3+ years of relevant post-qualification clinical experience in radiotherapy physics. An in-depth knowledge of modern radiotherapy techniques and their underlying principles is also essential. You must hold a current driving license and proximity to airport is important.
Experience and skills:
- MSc in Medical Physics / Biomedical Engineering.
- 3 years professional clinical experience working in radiotherapy.
- Competency with MS Windows and Office applications.
- Sound understanding of customers and their clinical requirements.
- Good knowledge of processes and methods used in VMS product areas such as product specification, product developments / expansions and product security and safety.
- Fluency in local Nordic language(s) and English (spoken and written) are essential.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to perform day-to-day work with little or no direct supervision, whilst still maintaining good integration to working with the wider team.
- Be highly organised and able to handle multiple on-going projects.
- Able to deliver consistently good results and adapt to working a changing environment.
- Be able to resolve problems creatively.
- Be willing to travel extensively, within normal and non-normal hours (as required) in order to best support customers.
For more information: [download id=»3467″ format=»1″]